FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 7


Hey Everyone,

So i only have 2 weeks and 2 days until i leave to France i am so excited. I got the package thanks and i loved the girl scout cookies and thanks for the letter mom. My favorite ice cream is Gram Canyon it is really good and sorry i have not gained any wieght. I lost 5 the first couple weeks and have gained back two pound so idk i guess my ice cream diet it working hahah. well this week was a crazy week we got 33 new missionaries so a lot of my week was focused on them. We had to give them the tour and all the info about the MTC and because there was so many i had to do it like ten times. But it is exciting to have new french speakers 10 of them are going to Paris so that is way exciting. Well i have been speaking a lot more french this week we started to do this new thing were we speak only french in the mornings until lunch. it is hard because i can not always get my point across but it is helping with the french. we also have gained a new love for teaching in english we just started teaching a new person but this time we were able to do it in english and i was suprised how teaching in french has help my english teaching and it was nice to really say how i felt without having to think about what verbs i know and how i need to congagate it. Well i am so sorry that i have not sent the pictures i finally got them developed and then i wanted to write on all of them but i could only do that on p-day so i am going to do that today and send them. well i am trying to telll you everything because i saw zach yesterday and had breakfast and he told me that you said i don't give enough details so sorry. well i have been working on translating my testimony this morning so i could send it to you so i hope you like it. Me and my comp have started to teach one of our investigators by doing fun activities because he was not really understanding what we were teaching so we now have been doing alot of fun things like going on walks using candy and some other random stuff and it has made teaching the gospel so much more fun know that we can bring the spirit and teach while doing all these fun activities. Oh a random fact that is really cool about french and they call investigators friends of the church (amis de l'église) i love that. Because thinking about it an investigator is a strange word to be called when you are the person that is being taught. well i can't wait to get out in the field i was talking to a kid from france that is going to new york on his mission and he was telling me all about france and i just can't wait to get there. I have been studing how to teach the atonement this week in french and i love how powerful a simple testimony on Christ and his Antonement is. I can't say much about it yet but i know when i say what i can the person really feels the spirit. Mom i am excited tha you are going to go to the temple the same time as me. It is my favorite part of the week being able to go to the temple. sorry dad i don't know what french you are talking about so it may have not gotten to me. but i am sure it was great haha. Well how is everyone doing? School, Work, Friends? whatever it is so great just hearing everything. That is also why i am just writing everything that comes to my mind i asume all the stuff that i think is random or boring may be exciting for you cause i for sure what to hear all the boring stuff. Well i have two more mins on the computer so i want to say that i love all of you and can't wait to share all my experiences to come. I know this is true i have said that so many times but it is true. I love my Savior and all that he did for me personally. I loved the quote from my teacher this week "God loves us all equally and cheers everyone on not in the race against each other but in the race of his childern against satan, so help each other out we are all on the same team." Je t'aime!!!!!

Elder Dee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment