FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dee's Frist E-Mail!!!

I don't know where to start i feel like so much has already happened too much to tell. Well most of all i have to say i love it here. The first day was so exciting and confusing i did not know what to do. I am learning quick what to do and not do. One thing i had trouble with was always telling my compainion that i was getting a drink of water or going to the bathroom. You have to be with your compainion every sec of every day. My compainion's name is Elder Tree, he is really awesome and i am lucky that i got such a good one. He already is so good at french, i think it was God helping me to learn the language by giving me him as a comp. I am having a little bit of frusteration trying to pronounce everything in french. you think that after three years in high school i would remember a little more. But i will get the language it will come in time and if i do what i need to do. Also we started to say all our prays in french so it takes me twice as long to pray cause i am looking up every other word. So our branch do this thing were each sunday they have everyone in the branch write a talk about some topic in FRENCH and then they randomly call to people so i am scared that i will be called on the first sunday, but i will just have to do my best. I was called to be Distric leader so that was really exciting. I love my distric already there are six Elders including me and two sister missionaries. They are all so great and fun to be around. It is amazing how much my testimony has already grown in the small amount of time that i have been here. You feel the spirit everywhere you go even during lunch and dinner haha. We have spent the first few days memorizing and knowing our purpose of being on our mission. We also have done alot on learning where others are in their lifes and have we can know what to teach each person we meet. i have already found that i not here for me or my family, but here for God and the people that i will be teaching. The second day we spent a whole day on this topic of what we are here for and it wa such a testimony builder. A few more random things is that gym is really fun and as distric leader i get to go get the mail for my whole distric so i will be expecting hahah jk. Well let me know how everyone is doing and let everyone know that i can only email direct family in the MTC but i can write letters to anyone but i don't have anyones addresses so they will have to write me first. Also idk if i left my glasses in the car or at the hartzels but i don't jhave them so if you could find them and send them that would be great. Well hope that you are all doing well.

LOVE,

Elder Davis (Dee)

P.S. It was so awesome when they gave you your tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment