FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Saturday, April 16, 2011

week 5


Family,

How is everyone? Thanks for checking my account, Dad. Real quick Mom are you sending the contacts soon cause i am on my last pair and it might be harder to send them to France. Thanks. Well i can't even tell you what happen this week because i feel like I just wrote you. these weeks are flying by. I am on my 5th week already and it is going great. I got a letter from Seour Cope and it made me so excited to get to France. she is in Paris right now and has two baptisms and told me that the work in France is doing great. I can't wait to get out there. Well this week i have had a huge improvment on the langauge. we try to only speak french some days and it helps me put real sentences together. I need to start studing more vocab. We were teaching a lesson and we were asked where the Gold Plats were found and me and Elder tree were explained and could not say it was hidden under a rock so my Comp told him it was under a really really small mountain hahah i guess that makes sense. Well i glad that i heard from Bryce and Paul i am going to write them a letter so be looking for it in the mail. Well my days have been getting more and more busy each day we just started a new program here and now we teach two to four people each day we have 5 french investigators and 3 english ones. it is so fun teaching but we are always planning for people. it is hard to get our own language and gospel study in. But the work is not about us Missionaries it is about who we teach so it is good practice to focus all our time on others.

It is so awesome that Ranch McDowell was baptized, that is so awesome. I am sorry about the cars that sounds tough but it is good you can work it all out. Thats so great that you have been thinking about your purpose and that conversation with Bay really showed me that we need a purpose. it is so important. I know that i can bring purpose to others lifes by sharing the gospel. We are so blessed to know why we are here what matters in life and what will happen after this life. We know our purpose but so many people are out there not knowing. We all need to have a purpose so as missionaries we can give it to them. Well i wish i had more to share about the week. I play v-ball during gym with a bunch of Islanders they are really good so it makes it so much fun (even though it is all about who can hit the hardest) The food is ok it got old fast but they give us creamery ice cream twice a week so tell Paul that and he will for sure go on a mission hahaha. well I hope that everyone is doing to great. This week i have focused on Faith and Love. When studing Christ-like attributes you see that everything ties back to them. I know that Faith is so important if we build our faith in Christ anything is possible and we put our self on a foundation that we can not fall but we can lift others up to a higher ground. If we have a true Christ like love we can have true happiness. I am still working so hard to really understand what it means to have this kind of love, but by only caring about others you feel a great love that is so powerful. I challenge everyone to say a prayer and only pray for others and call them each by name. It helps you understand a small amount of the love God and Christ has for everyone. We are blesssed (SNTBU) hahah we Have the fulness of the Gospel it is such a blessing. Always remember that this gospel is so powerful. We have an investigator that does not understand why this gospel matters and as i studied what to tell him i learn that this is the most important thing that he could ever learn. School and friends relationships are important but this gospel is what we need to return to our father. I am so happy to know that i was raised in a family where we know this to be true. Je t'amie. I love you all. Dieu nous amie et Je sais que l'eglise est vrai!

LOVE,

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment