FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 3

Mom Dad, (and any one else who reads this haha)

Thanks for the package it was so awesome. I was so excited to get my first package and thanks for the candy. Well this week just flew by i can't beleive it is over. San Fran was so much fun. We were joking because when we were in Salt lack airport we were famous everyone said hi wanted to talk and shake our hands, but as we got off the plane in California we turned into a plague. really people went our of their way to just not say hi to us. But i was ok the visa went great and we went to Peir 39 to eat and were able to look around and do some contacting. It was cool because we were actual missionaries in public and we talked to people about the church. on the way home i gave out a Book of Mormon to this lady named April and she said she would read it so that was awesome. The rest of the week was just a blur i dont even know where it went. Two days ago was such a great day best day yet here in the MTC. Me and my companion were able to teach three different people it was great practice. Our first lesson we taught that day was something that i have never experienced. We taught with so much power and the spirit blew us away. the girl we taught started to cry and later that day a teacher told us that the girl wanted to tell us that, this was the best experience she has ever had being a volenteer at the MTC. I hope to always teach with so much power and it makes me want to just teach all the time. well the language is getting better i just made a plan to how to best learn the language while here so if i stick to it i should do great. I have seen Travis a couple times it was nice to see a familiar face. We lost one of are teachers because she is moving and will get a new one next week so i hope he is good. Her last day she shared with us what she normaly tells missionaries on their last day in the MTC. I learn so much one of the things was she read the scripture Ether 2:24 and gave us a picture of Jesus lifting Peter out of the water. She told us that no matter how hard things get he will always lift us up. I know that this is true and even though she told us things will get hard i know that we can all make it if we turn to Christ and let him lift us back up. ok so i am so sad about the cats and am praying for them. Hope you find them.Mom I love you can be said ( Je t'aime) Well hope you are all doing so great. I love you. or Je t'amie. Thanks for the package again. Oh i almost forgot last sunday I was asked to be Zone Leader ahhh i was just figuring out district leader. so this whole week we have been shadowing that zone leaders and they leave on monday and then i get to take over. It has been good because i have done alot of reading on how to be a good leader and i learned alot. I know that God wants me to do this and even thought i might not really know what i am doing as long as i serve and love the other missionaries as chirst did and keep working on my Christ like attributes it will all work out. Well You are the best partents I hope you know that. Looking back on my life i do see that i have been so blessed and you two have prepared me to be here on my mission Thanks I LOVE YOU!!!

LOVE,

Dee Davis

P.S. Every one says that our family is the best from the piture you sent, well mostly that kira and nicole are so cute. hahah but they said we are a good looking family so SNTBU. Oh and mom and dad they think you two look to young to have five kids with them all almost out of the house. Good Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment