FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Monday, October 3, 2011


HEY,
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing great. It was good to hear about the water polo beach day, that is awesome good job. Well i did not even know it was labor day until i got on my emails. Have fun at Nicole and Eric's place for that BBQ. School starts today for the french so that is cool to have people back from vacation and stuff. It has been a crazy week with transfers. I had to meet my comp in Orleans because i had legality. It is all my stuff to make myself legal in France. Because of it we got to Cholet a day later and with him settling in it was an interesting week. Also while doing legality i meet a girl from Japan who was living in Tours so i talked to her about that and gave her the stuff to contact the missionaries. You never know when you will have the chance to share the Gospel so always be ready haha. Well Elder Porter is awesome. We get along very well so that is good. He is finishing in 3 months so it is cool to have a missionary who is really experienced and knows what he is doing. Cholet is doing great i really am so excited to see all that will happen this transfer it will be great. Yesterday the branch had a fireside talking about the future if the branch and their plans to become a ward and buy a new building. It was exciting to see a little bit of the future of the church here in Cholet. We had a cool experience where we were fasting to find someone to teach and right after Church when we were going home we passed a lady and her kids and we talked to her. She was really interested in the message and the fact that families could be together forever. It was cool to see how powerful fasting and prayer really is. I am doing amazing it is funny to see how being with a different companion changes everything. I am in the same ville but i feel like everything is so different now. We started this thing were we want to read the whole Book of Mormon in French in a couple weeks by reading 20 pages a day out loud. It is hard to have the patients to just stop everything in the mornings to just spend the time to read, but already i feel that this little goal is teaching me so much and helping me a lot. I want you all to know how much i love you all. I have to give a special thanks to the Hjelmstads and the Jim Davis family. Thanks for the letters that really brightened my day. Je t'aime! I pray for you all, have a great week!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment