FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Monday, October 3, 2011


HEY EVERYONE,

So to start off i was so happy to here about you all going to Huntington Beach for the night. I don't know why but i was just way overly happy to hear it. I guess it is just good to imagine and picture you all together and enjoying life. I love you all so much. It is so cool that Grandma and Grandpa are serving another mission, i am really excited for them. Well what to tell you about this week. It is funny when i sit down to write my e-mails i just forget everything. Well i guess to start off i can tell you about my exchange this week. It was with my District leader Elder Gilmour, he is from Scotland and is one if the most amazing missionaries i have met. I learned a lot from the exchange. He only has two more transfers left. He really showed me that i need to stop over thinking the future and really just love the people and event happening right now. It is funny i have learned that i always am just looking towards the future. Although it is good to always be looking forward and striving to be better each day, i also need to just stop and love the day and the moment. I mean i am in France and doing the greatest work why not just love it. Also on the exchange there was three of us, so i was with Elder Liao also, because in a week his new companion is coming and until then the Elders in Angers have a three companionship. Well a little bit on Elder Liao he is a Chinese speaking Elder and has been learning English and French on his mission and is one group ahead of me. He is so funny and he is learning English from Elder Gilmour so he has broken English with a mix between Chinese and Scottish accent, it is just awesome and so funny. So it was nice to have him there and we had a rendez-vous with a Chinese person and i was just so lost because it was all in Chinese hahah crazy. It makes me thankful i am learning French. And also really cool that even though i did not understand what they were saying i could feel the spirit, good experience. Well after the exchange i was back in Cholet with my companion. It has been so great. We work very well together and we get a long super well. It is nice because he is easy to talk to and reminds me a lot of some friends back home. This week we had a first rendez-vous with the two people we found and it went really well. I was really happy because there were no french confusions on my part. Also they came to church this Sunday. I think it was really long for them, but they said they enjoyed it and learned a lot. Also the boy who is getting baptised this Sunday got back from vacation so we get to see him this week and plan the whole baptism, i am excited. Well i am really enjoying my time in Cholet it is a great place. It my be tiring but it really is worth it. Well i love you all so much and can't wait to keep hearing how everyone is doing. Je t'aime!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment