FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Monday, April 23, 2012

Family,

    It sounds like everyone had a great week. That is cool that Grant was able to come down and visit. I am sure that the boys loved that. Mom and Dad seem to be busy , but still doing great. It sounds like the new ward is doing well. It is cool to hear about everything that is going on back home. Have fun at Prom this week Bryce and Paul. 
    It was a great week this week. Well it was a really hard week, but that is what makes it a good one. We had so many things fall through and it was raining a lot so we were out knocking doors in the rain. But through it all we seemed to be so happy and just enjoying life. Also it has driven us to work even harder to have a better week this week. I was able to spend one day up in Lille this week. I was with Elder Mayne. He is great and we had a really good time. It was nice to be out in a big city for a day. Things were hard this sunday because all our amis were involved in the Presidental Election so we could not get them to church. Out side of all of that we have started teaching a new guy named Ahkim. He is really cool and we are excited for him. It is just so great to be out in the work of the Lord. Oh also this week we had interviews with President. It was really good and we had a training on how to use the scriptures better when teaching. It was amazing to see the difference when you use the scriptures to teach and answer questions compared to trying to just explain it yourself. Also president talked about how to help our amis gain testimonies and keep commitments. I learned a lot. It was really good to be able to talk to President and to learn how to be a better teacher. It showed me that I need to keep working to improve in every aspect of missionary work. The mission is so great!
    One thing that i really learned this week was the importance of forgeting yourself and really just working your hardest. It really hit me at church this week as we were getting the sacrament ready. I was a little upset over our amis not coming to church and i started to think about what i was doing. I relized that i was preparing the sacrament and what a blessing it is. After that all of church seemed to be telling me to just stop worry and do my best. God directs this work and if i forget about myself and just work then things will work out and that is how i will become the person that i want to be. It is still so amazing how God gives us personal revelation as we pray, read scripture, go to church and do our best. We are not alone.
   Well i am so greatful for all of you. I recieved a letter this week that really just reminded me how lucky i am. I miss you all so much and am so grateful for all that you have done for me and the support you give me. Be strong and continue to be examples to everyone around you. Je t'aime!!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment