FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter!!


I looked up Dee's address in France and this is where he is living!


Family,


Happy Easter!!!! this week i hope thar you all enjoy it. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the vacation and conference. It really was so great. I was able to go to a city called Lille and watch it there. I got to watch half of it in English so that was really nice. We did not get to see the last session because of the time change, but we will get the ensign magazine when it comes out. Conference was so amazing. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to listen to the prophet and apostles. I learned so much from it and feel that all my questions were answered. It is so amazing how through the spirit we all here the same message but it hits each of us in a personal way.

It was a strange week because i was getting ready to leave Reims and saying my goodbyes to everyone and then on Wed i took a really long train up here to Dunkerque. It was sad to leave, but i am thankful for how much i grew there and am excited for the future. I really like it here in Dunkerque. It is a smaller city, but still a good size. We live right over a bay and today we are going to look at the beach. It is a super nice city. It has been pritty cold and windy but hopefully it will warm up us the season goes on. We have two really soild amis and they both have baptismal dates. I have not met a lot of the members yet but i hear we have a strong little branch of about 12 active members. It will be good and i will have fun getting to know them all. I feel that is the blessing here, because there are not that many i can build strong relationships with them and work closely to move this work forward. I really am so pumped to get the work moving here.

My new companion is Elder Burgess. He is from New Zealand and is really cool. He only talks to me in his American accent because he said he wants to start talking better in it, hahaha. He is only in his 4th transfer and this is his second ville. He is the youngest in his family and the second of two boys to go on a mission. He played rugby all growing up so that is pretty cool. It is funny everyone keeps joking because i have lived with so many islanders. I guess i just work well with them. That or God puts them with me because they are the only ones that can deal with me hahaha. Well we get along really well and i think it is going to be an exciting transfer.

Well i love you all so much and want you to know that i am so grateful for your prayers and support. I truly do feel it each day as i go out to work. I wish you all the best and hope that you all were able to gain from conference, and also that you will gain from Easter as it approaches. Remember the true meaning and share his love. Je t'aime!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment