FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

HEY,

I was so happy to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving! So i have to start off and say sorry if my email is all off the key board I am using is French and i can't change it. But i think i am getting it, just a little bit slower. Well this has been such an amazing week i cant believe it! I will start and say i love my new comp Elder Tehaai. He is Tahitian but his English is really good. We do half the day in French and the other half in English, it is hard trying to get out of just a missionary vocabulary and just talking about life. But i am happy because it will help my French a lot. So the start of the week was all cleaning and saying bye to people in Cholet, then i left to Paris and got in Wed after noon. So basically i have just been running around everywhere and just loving life. The pace here is so fast but i love just running around and talking to everyone. We have two baptisms on Dec 11th it is really exciting. Also we found two people this week who we had a first lesson with and it went so well i cant wait to see them again. So all day long i walk by famous things and i am still a little star struck but my comp says it gets normal after two weeks hahaha. We had three Thanksgiving Dinners it was so great, because there are a lot of Americans in the Paris Ward. Church is crazy because everything is being translated into English, Chinese and Spanish and there are so many tourist visitors that we are running around talking to everyone trying not to miss if a non member comes. Also i spoke my first week to introduce myself and bare my testimony, it was good. My apartment is fun because four languages are being spoken all day (English, French, Tahitian, and Chinese) it is so much fun but some one is always confused and translating what others are saying hahahaha. So all the missionaries from the Paris area met today and we had a Turkey Bowl, it was so much fun. We did in on the grass right outside of the Tomb of Napoleon. We could see the Eiffel Tower and everything, it was so great. Right after this we are going to go up the Eiffel Tower to see Paris from above at night. I just feel like i have so much to say. I guess i just want to say the work here is going great i am loving everything about the mission and am surprised how much i have learned this week. It really is a life changing experience. Well i hope that you are all doing great. JE T'AIME!!!! Make it a great week!!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment