FRANCE

FRANCE
FRANCE

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

week 24

Family,

Well it is so good to hear about everything that it going on. I have to say that this week just flew by. Well I will start with the big news, well at least for me. Well we started sharing a car with another set of Elders and then I got a call telling me that i am the designated driver. So only i can drive the car in Tours. Also it is a stick shift. So basically i learned to drive stick this week in crazy french streets. Don't be too worried, hahah i am doing pretty good. It was cool though because while i was learning we were out in the country side to go teach a less active and we passed 5 different castles. So i can say i learned to drive stick in the Loire Valley. Well this week was a lot of less active work. Because we had the car we could finally see a lot of less actives that live to far to get to by bus. It was really good being able to see a lot of people who have not hear from anyone in the church for a long time. It was cool to see how much some really needed the church, but also hard because we see that everyone has their free agency and sometimes all we can do it try our best to help them regain their testimony. Also this week we have found a few more people to teach. We did not get to see everyone we wanted to because Elder McQuay woke up one morning when we had three rendez-vous (appointments) and had a fever so I spent half that day taking care of him. It was cool because he had a quick recovery and that afternoon we were doing service for an elderly lady. It is amazing to see how much you are blessed each day. Well I don't know how it has been for you guys, but the last few days here have been so hot. We are glad we had the car this week because it is the only time we are not dieing of heat. This week i learn a really good lesson that i think i just lost sight of. I started this week really wanting to pick up my game in the french and half way through the week i just got discouraged because i could not always say exactly what i wanted to. But after a lot of pray and scripture study i had this comfort of all i need to do is serve with all my heart, mind and strength and God will take care of the rest. It really showed me that even when we are having a hard time in life it is only for our benefit if we look to Christ and serve others. Well I love you all and can't wait to hear what other fun things you are doing this summer. Keep it up, you are all such great examples to me and so many others. Also tell my Brothers and my Friends that i would love to hear for them. Je t'aime!!!!!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment